What we offer
- Kingwood enables people with autism and Asperger’s to live in their own homes and enjoy full and active lives in the community.
- Kingwood was established in Henley, Oxfordshire by the parents of a young man with autism and became a registered, not for profit, charity in 1994. Registered charity no: 1041924.
- We provide approximately £4m in services each year and are committed to discovering pioneering ways of improving life opportunities for people with autism and Asperger’s.
- Kingwood employs around 240 skilled team members, most of whom work in people’s homes in the areas in which we operate.
- All support staff are required to demonstrate they have the knowledge and skills required by Skills for Care and the Care Quality Commission in the Care Certificate. Staff are also supported to gain higher level qualifications such as QCF Awards, Certificates and Diplomas.
- We are a provider of specialist support services as opposed to housing services.
- Kingwood’s vision is that adults with autism will be valued by and contribute to society.
- In late 2012 Kingwood opened its first purpose built full-time facility aimed specifically at providing services for young people with autism aged between 18-25.